A step-by-step guide to submitting an MSc application
The following sections will guide you through the application process for the Feinberg Graduate School’s MSc program, providing detailed information on preparing and submitting your application and understanding what process takes place after you’ve submitted all of the necessary documentation. The MSc program at the Feinberg Graduate School is open to all qualified students regardless of religion, race, color, national origin, age, disability or gender. No fee is charged for the registration process.
Minimum academic requirements
To apply for the MSc program, you must hold a BSc degree from an accredited local or foreign institution of higher learning, or other certificate deemed equivalent by the Board of Studies in your field, with a GPA of 85 (or the equivalent).
MSc candidates from non-Israeli universities or institutions of higher learning are required to take external evaluation examinations, at the discretion of the Board of Studies, including:
- GREs: Both general tests and tests in the subject you would like to study. The FGS code for GREs is 3398, and scores must be sent directly from the GRE testing center.
- TOEFL or IELTS: Only for candidates whose mother tongue is not English.
Online applications registration must be completed between October 1st and March 31st.
Late applications (i.e. after the above-mentioned deadline) are considered in special cases only.
In certain programs (e.g. Neuroscience MSc/PhD integrated program ), Applications by international students received by December 31st will be considered during January, and interviews will be held during early February. Final decisions will be provided by February 28th.
First Step: Filling Out an Online Application
If you are applying to the Regular MSc track with thesis, you are required to fill out an online general application form.
If you are applying to the Rothschild-Weizmann Program then please see the "תכנית רוטשילד-ויצמן" page.
After submitting your application, you will receive an email indicating that the application was received. Within a couple of days, you will receive a second email with a User ID and password, which gives you access to an online monitoring service where you can check the status of your application.
Your Application File Format and Name
As part of the application process, candidates must submit ONE application file, containing the documents listed below.
Application File Format
One file in a PDF format only.
Application File Name
The name of the PDF file must be constructed as follows:
(Note: Israeli ID 9 digits or foreign passport)
Last Name + space + First Name + space + ID number
Example (Israeli citizens - Israeli ID):
Johnson John 123456789.pdf
Example (International Candidates - Passport):
Johnson John D22J01189.pdf
Required Documents and their Order
The documents in the PDF application file must appear in the following order:
- CV + passport-size photograph on the top right-hand side
- BSc certificate or degree approval, if already available
- Updated transcript of BSc courses, including GPA
- Copy of your of ID Card (for Israelis) or the title page of your passport (for international applicants)
- GREs for international applications and TOEFL scores for applicants whose native tongue is not English (see International Applicants)
Letters of reference (if available)
- Referees should email their letters to the relevant FGS Faculty Coordinator
- There is no particular form or format for the reference letters
- Reference letters received at FGS prior to the submission of the electronic application file are held until the corresponding application file is received.
- Only complete files will be referred to the Board of Studies for review.
- You can monitor the progress of your application online
How to Submit your Application File
Your PDF application file must be sent to the appropriate email address AND the subject of the email message should be as specified below:
Field of Study: Physical Sciences
Email Address: FGS-Physics@weizmann.ac.il
Email Subject: MSc Application Physics + Applicant's Name
Field of Study: Chemical Sciences
Email Address: FGS-Chemistry@weizmann.ac.il
Email Subject: MSc Application Chemistry + Applicant's Name
Field of Study: Life Sciences
Email Address: FGS-Lifesciences@weizmann.ac.il
Email Subject: MSc Application Life Sciences + Applicant's Name
Field of Study: Math & CS
Email Address: FGS-Math&Cs@weizmann.ac.il
Email Subject: MSc Application Math & CS + Applicant's Name
Field of Study: Archeological Science
Email Address: FGS-Archeology@weizmann.ac.il
Email Subject: MSc Application Archeological Science + Applicant's Name
Field of Study: Science Teaching
Email Address: FGS-Scienceteaching@weizmann.ac.il
Email Subject: MSc Application Science Teaching + Applicant's Name