A step-by-step guide to submitting an MSc application
The following sections will guide you through the application process for the Feinberg Graduate School’s MSc program, providing detailed information on preparing and submitting your application and understanding what process takes place after you’ve submitted all of the necessary documentation. The MSc program at the Feinberg Graduate School is open to all qualified students regardless of religion, race, color, national origin, age, disability or gender. No fee is charged for the registration process.
Minimum academic requirements
To apply for the MSc program, you must hold a BSc degree from an accredited local or foreign institution of higher learning, or other certificate deemed equivalent by the Board of Studies in your field, with a GPA of 85 (or the equivalent).
MSc candidates from non-Israeli universities or institutions of higher learning are required to take external evaluation examinations including:
- GREs: Both general tests and tests in the subject you would like to study. The FGS code for GREs is 3398, and scores must be sent directly from the GRE testing center.
- TOEFL or IELTS: Only for candidates whose mother tongue is not English. Please note that if you are asked to indicate an institution as a score recipient, the Weizmann Institute of Science TOEFL code number is C087.
Waving the need to provide GRE and/or TOEFL scores is at the discretion of the relevant Board of Studies.
Online applications registration must be completed between October 1st and March 31st.
Late applications in Math & CS only (i.e. after the above-mentioned deadline) are considered in special cases only.
In certain programs (e.g. Neuroscience MSc/PhD integrated program ), Applications by international students received by December 31st will be considered during January, and interviews will be held during early February. Final decisions will be provided by February 28th.
Filling Out an Online Application
- Access our online application system
- Click on the “Create a new application account” button.
- Enter your email for registration and click on the “Register” button.
- Check your inbox- you'll receive a message with your registration verification key.
- At the “Select your application type” field choose – “MSc application form”
- Enter your Email address and your verification key and click on the “Login” button.
- Fill out all the required fields in the form. For your convenience we separated this stage to a few steps. Notice that only after completing a step you will be able to continue to the next step.
- Input the name(s) of your referee(s) whom you wish to submit a letter on your behalf.
- Upload the required documents in PDF Format only.
- Click on the “Submit Application” button.
- Upon completing the session and clicking the “Submit Application” button the system will send you an email verifying your application. Notice- this email also contains unique links to each of the referees you have listed. You may send each one of them the link and they will be able to access the system and submit their letter.
- Until you click on the “Submit Application” button you may access the system as many times as you wish in order to update your details and information, view the existing files and upload additional ones. Thereafter you will not be able to your details and information, nor view the existing files and upload additional ones.
- You will be sent a notification each time a letter of recommendation is submitted on your behalf.
- Please notify the relevant FGS coordinator in case you encounter a problem during the online application process.
- Incomplete files will NOT be reviewed.
- Please note that you may monitor the progress of your application (e.g. receipt of letters of recommendation, invitation to an admission committee etc.), as well as the status of your application (e.g. acceptance etc.), through our online monitoring service. After submitting your application, you will receive an email indicating that the application was received. Within a couple of days, you will receive a second email with a User ID and password, which gives you access to our online monitoring service.
If you are applying to the Rothschild-Weizmann Program then please see the "תכנית רוטשילד-ויצמן" page.
Required Documents and their Order
The online application form will ask you to upload the following documents:
- CV + passport-size photograph on the top right-hand side
- BSc certificate or degree approval, if already available
- Updated transcript of BSc courses, including GPA
- Copy of your of ID Card (for Israelis) or the title page of your passport (for international applicants)
- GRE / TOEFL scores (International candidates only - if they have them at their disposal)
Letters of reference (if available)
The online application form will ask you the names and emails of your referees whom you wish to submit a letter on your behalf. Upon submitting the registration form you will receive an email with unique links to each of the referees you have listed. You may send each one of them the link and they will be able to access the system and submit their letter.