The Weizmann Institute offers furnished apartments as a benefit for Feinberg Graduate School students, Visiting Students and Postdoctoral Fellows, located both on campus and in areas surrounding the campus.
For Feinberg Graduate Students, and Visiting Students, we offer a limited number of furnished single studio apartment and a small number of apartments for suitable for couples. We do not offer any accommodation for students with children. More information is available in the relevant section of the Visiting Scientists and Housing Branch website.
For Postdoctoral Fellows, we offer various sizes of apartment, depending upon your family size. More information is available in the relevant section of the Visiting Scientists and Housing Branch website.
Management and Contact
Student housing on and off Campus is administrated by the Visiting Scientists and Hosing Branch.
Student Housing Contact
Aileen Halbershtat, Head, Student Housing
Postdoc Housing Contact
Visiting Scientists Team
Order of Priority & Waiting List
International students receive priority for student housing. The rooms are assigned according to the following order of priority: [a] International students; [b] Order of application.
The policy of the Weizmann Institute is that you will not be able to request a specific residential facility or apartment.
Unfortunately, the demand is always greater than the number of available apartments. Therefore, it is important to apply for housing as soon as you are accepted to a program.
If the Institute is unable to offer you housing on your requested entry date, you will be offered the option of remaining on the waiting list. If while on the waiting list, you are offered housing but choose to decline it (for any reason), you will be removed from the waiting list.
How to Apply
- Students who wish to apply for student housing must do so online.
- Current Full-Time Students: Current full-time FGS students should use an online application form (available within the WIS system only).
- Candidates: Candidates who have been accepted to the Feinberg Graduate School but haven't started studies yet should use the userid and password received when they applied to FGS to access this online application form.
- Married and Common-Law Couples: Married and common-law couples must provide the necessary documents to FGS and update their status before submitting an application.
Student housing is offered only to full-time MSc and PhD students and International Visiting Students. The following groups of individuals are not eligible to stay in student housing facilities at the Institute:
- WIS employees
- Temporary employees at the Institute (even if they are students elsewhere)
- Consultants (paid or unpaid)
- Visiting Students with an Israeli citizenship.
- Visiting Scientists [Information concerning housing solutions for Visiting Scientists is available in the relevant section of the Visiting Scientists and Housing Branch website].
- FGS students may reside in Student Housing for a maximum (cumulative) stay of up to twenty-four months. International full-time students may enjoy a substantial extension. Students with children may not reside in student housing.
- Visiting students may stay in the dormitories that are designated for visiting students, for a minimum period of one month, and up to a maximum period of one year.
- International postdoctoral fellows may be allowed to stay in student housing for a bridging period, upon arrival and until a lease of an off-campus apartment is signed. The bridging period may be for a maximum time period of up to a few weeks.
The following regulations apply to residents of student housing:
- Residents must keep their quarters clean and refrain from making noise.
- Cooking is allowed only in designated areas.
- Smoking regulations must be observed.
- Technical and other repairs are done by WIS staff only.
- You are not allowed to remove furniture and equipment from the rooms.
- Guests may stay overnight only under special circumstances and with prior approval.
- Adding a personal piece of furniture must be coordinated with the housemother in advance.
- Pets are not allowed on residence premises.
- Parties are allowed only in accordance with a strict set of regulations.
- No washing machines or driers are allowed in the rooms.
- It is strictly forbidden to enter maintenance rooms or climb up to the roofs.
Each resident must sign an Undertaking Form before receiving a key to his or her room.
The following are monthly rental fees in NIS as of October 1, 2014. Please note that rates for FGS students do NOT include electricity; electricity is charged separately. Rates for visiting students include electricity.
- Room (Single): MSc 1,390
- Room (Single): PhD 1,850
- Room (Couple): MSc 1,850
- Room (Couple): PhD 2,310
- Shelter Room (Couple): PhD 1,760
- Shelter Room (Couple): PhD 2,220
Ruthie and Sami Cohn
- Room (Single): MSc 1,000
- Room (Single): PhD 1,200
- Room (Couple): MSc 1,500
- Room (Couple): PhD 1,700
- Room (Single): Visiting Students 1,000
- Room (Shared): Visiting Students: 700