The Weizmann Institute of Science offers intentional students and postdoctoral fellows a limited housing located both on campus and in areas surrounding the campus.
Student housing is offered only to:
- International full-time students
- international postdoctoral fellows
- international visiting students
- For international students, we offer furnished studio apartments for single students and married couples.
- For international postdoctoral fellows, we offer various sizes of apartment, depending upon your family size.
- We do not offer any accommodation for students with children.
More information is available in the relevant section of the Visiting Scientists and Housing Branch website.
How to Apply
Students who wish to apply for student housing must do so online.
Current full-time students should use an online application form (available within the WIS system only). Candidates who have been accepted to the Feinberg Graduate School but haven't started studies yet should use the userid and password received when they applied to FGS to access this online application form. Married and common-law couples must provide the necessary documents to the FGS and update their status before submitting an application.
Management and Contact
Student housing on and off Campus is administrated by the Visiting Scientists and Hosing Branch.
Student Housing Contact
Aileen Halbershtat, Head, Student Housing
Postdoc Housing Contact
Visiting Scientists Team
Students with children
Students with children may not reside in student housing.
MSc students may reside in student housing for a maximum stay of 24 months. Short extensions may be considered in special cases.
PhD students may reside in student housing for a maximum stay of 12 months.
Visiting students may stay in the dormitories that are designated for visiting students, for a minimum period of one month, and up to a maximum period of one year.
Students who have made Aliyah (within 12 months of beginning at WIS) may reside in student housing for a maximum stay of 12 months
Retuning citizens who were born abroad, or moved abroad by the age of 15, may reside in student housing for a maximum stay of 12 months.
Returning citizens who moved abroad after the age of 15 will be offered an eight-week stay in residence while they locate a place to rent off campus - provided there's vacancy.
The following regulations apply to residents of student housing:
- Residents must keep their quarters clean and refrain from making noise.
- Cooking is allowed only in designated areas.
- Smoking regulations must be observed.
- Technical and other repairs are done by WIS staff only.
- You are not allowed to remove furniture and equipment from the rooms.
- Guests may stay overnight only under special circumstances and with prior approval.
- Adding a personal piece of furniture must be coordinated with the housemother in advance.
- Pets are not allowed on residence premises.
- Parties are allowed only in accordance with a strict set of regulations.
- No washing machines or driers are allowed in the rooms.
- It is strictly forbidden to enter maintenance rooms or climb up to the roofs.
The following are monthly rental fees in NIS as of October 1, 2014. Please note that rates for FGS students do NOT include electricity; electricity is charged separately. Rates for visiting students include electricity.
- Room (Single): MSc 1,390
- Room (Single): PhD 1,850
- Room (Couple): MSc 1,850
- Room (Couple): PhD 2,310
- Shelter Room (Couple): PhD 1,760
- Shelter Room (Couple): PhD 2,220
Ruthie and Sami Cohn
- Room (Single): MSc 1,000
- Room (Single): PhD 1,200
- Room (Couple): MSc 1,500
- Room (Couple): PhD 1,700
- Room (Single): Visiting Students 1,000
- Room (Shared): Visiting Students: 700
Each resident must sign an Undertaking Form before receiving a key to his or her room.