In our faculty you can study and research various areas of computer science and mathematics, both pure and applied, including computational biology.
Admission to the program is based on the combination of the following factors:
- Your grades in the BSc courses.
- Applicants must present a GPA of 90 (or the equivlent).
- In cases of GPA lower than 90, candidates must add to the submissions file, a one page letter reasoning why they should be considered.
- Recommendation letters: Reference letters are important ingredient in the application, especially if they are from a faculty or a supervisor that worked closely with the candidate on a research project, or other scientific-related activity. On the other hand, we are typically not interested to receive generic letters from lecturers in courses. If you cannot obtain a meaningful recommendation letter, it is not a problem and your application will be nevertheless considered.
- Details of your math/CS related background (publications, participation in various science programs, mathematics or computer science olympiads, etc)
- Results of the interview with the Board of Studies committee. When invited to such an interview you will receive a letter explaining what is expected and how to get prepared to it.
- If you have a degree from a non-Israeli university then results of the GRE Math examination could be useful but not mandatory.
Note: Applicants with a lower grade average than required that believe that their grade average does not represent their capabilities should add to the application a one-page (maximum) statement explaining their capacity to succeed in the MSc track.
Application forms can be submitted between November 3rd and March 31st. Late applications (i.e. after the above-mentioned deadlines), are considered in special cases only.
The earlier you register, the higher the chance of getting an answer sooner.
How to apply
Please fill out an online general application form. After submitting your application, you will receive an email indicating that the application was received. Within a couple of days, you will receive a second email with a UserID and a password, that gives you access to an online monitoring service where you can check the status of your application.
In order to be able to properly handle your application, please fill out this form: academic background.