The Weizmann Institute of Science operates over 500 housing units.  Here you will find information regarding maintaining your apartment, changing apartment type, departing from our housing and insuring the contents of your apartment.  In addition, when your eligibility for our housing ends, our team will assist you to locate and rent an off campus apartment in Rehovot.

Are you eligible for WIS housing?

Check out Before Arrival - Housing


Should you encounter any problem in your Weizmann apartment which requires maintenance, please report it immediately to the service center which is available 24/7. The service center can be reached on 08-934-9106 or via email at service.center@weizmann.ac.il

General cleaning advice: How to prevent mold

Apartment Contents Insurance

Should you choose to insure the contents of your apartment, whether you live in on or off-campus housing, Harel Yedidim can offer you an insurance plan tailored to your needs.

The Harel Yedidim Insurance plan for apartment contents insurance and computers.

Extension of Weizmann Housing

If there are extenuating circumstances such as medical, personal or financial issues, you can approach the social worker who can provide a recommendation for an extension of housing.

Changing Apartment

If you are getting married, or your family are joining you or departing from Israel, contact the housing team regarding changing apartment type. 

Departing Weizmann Housing

Please ensure that you update the housing team if you plan to move out of campus housing, ensuring that you give at least 2 weeks notice.

Off Campus Housing

The International Office will be glad to send you detailed information to assist you to locate and rent an off-campus apartment in Rehovot. 

If you wish to rent a house in any location other than Rehovot, we would suggest you consider contacting Trusted House who can assist you.

More Information you may need

Life in Israel

History buffs can experience the Old City of Jerusalem, Crusader fortresses, Roman amphitheatres and aqueducts, and Nabatean trade routes. Nature lovers have access to exploring a wealth of ecosystems. Sports aficionados can hike, swim, surf or bike all over.

Read more about Life in Israel


Knowing what to do when you are thinking about starting a family or discovering you are pregnant, can seem daunting, especially when you are in a different country, away from family and friends.
Read more about Pregnancy