Our office will provide you with all of the necessary paperwork and instructions to facilitate you receiving the appropriate visa required in the smoothest way possible. All visitors to Israel must hold a passport that is valid for at least 6 months from the date they are due to depart Israel.​​​​​

General Information

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs reserves the right to periodically update visa information requirements. 

Israel has visa exemption agreements with many countries for short visits of up to 90 days. You can check whether you need to obtain a visa to visit Israel by viewing the list

Below are the types of visas and the application process for obtaining them:

A/2 Student visa

This visa is granted to those who want to study in Israel in elementary, high schools and academic institutions. The visa is valid for a maximum of 12 months and can be extended.  It allows for multiple entrances and exits. Recipients of this visa are not permitted to work in Israel.

A/4 visa - for the spouses and children of recipients of A/2 visas

This visa is granted to the spouses and minor children of recipients of A/2 visas.  Recipients of this visa are not permitted to work in Israel.

Apostille marriage and/or birth certificates are required.

B/1 Work visa

This visa is for a person whose stay in Israel is approved for a limited period for the purpose of work. This visa is given to experts and artists, among others, and is granted solely with the approval of the Ministry of the Interior.  The visa must be obtained in your home country prior to arriving in Israel.  The visa is valid for a maximum of 12 months and can be extended.

Please note that you may be required to provide additional certificates at the local Israeli embassy such as:

  • A verified certificate of good conduct
  • Certification of medical examinations performed in clinics or hospitals recognized by the mission (the certification must cover normal results in tests for tuberculosis, hepatitis and AIDS) and the results of blood tests.
  • A declaration of being fingerprinted (the State of Israel has begun to fingerprint foreigners entering the country to work) and a photograph.

The validity of the B/1 Work visa follows the guidelines of the Ministry of Interior guidelines. The worker must enter Israel within the time period specified on the visa.

B/2 Visitor's visa

A B/2 visa is granted to someone who wishes to stay in Israel for a short time (for a visit, tourism, a business meeting or study in a Hebrew ulpan). Recipients of this visa are not permitted to work in Israel.

A B/2 visa is valid for a maximum of up to three months from the date of issue.

Multiple Entry visa

A Multiple Entry visa can be issued in conjunction with the above visas, which will allow holders to be able to leave and re-enter Israel while it is valid.  It is issued for a maximum of 12 months and can be extended.

Immigration visa & Returning Residents

The Law of Return, 5710 - 1950 determines the right of every Jew to immigrate to the State of Israel. Jews returning to Israel are considered people who were away - or whose ancestors were away - from Israel and are now returning to their country. 

Those interested in commencing the process of immigrating to Israel should contact the aliya representative of the Jewish Agency who is responsible for the area in which they reside.

More Information you may need

Derech Yavne

Located just outside the main campus in three buildings, offering a mix of fully furnished shared apartments (4 roommates by gender), apartments for couples and studios for singles. No children may be accommodated in these buildings. Laundry facilities are available in buildings 50 and 81.

Read more about Derech Yavne

Michael Kern House

Located on campus with a mix of rooms for singles. Each room is furnished and 4 students of the same gender share a toilet and bathroom. In addition, all 16 students share a fully equipped kitchen (with gas) and a lounge area with a small library. There are facilities to lock bicycles. 

Read more about Michael Kern House