Areas of Research
- Biological Physics and Soft Matter
- Earth & Planetary Sciences
- Materials & Bio-materials
- Nano Sciences
- Organic Chemistry
- Physical Chemistry and Chemical Physics
- Structural and Molecular Biology
Minimum academic requirements
We welcome outstanding BSc graduates who hold a BSc degree from an accredited local or foreign institution of higher learning, or other certificate deemed equivalent by the Board of Studies in your field, with a GPA of 85 (or the equivalent).
It is generally not required for MSc candidates from non-Israeli universities or institutions of higher learning to take external evaluation examinations (GRE, TOEFL, or IELTS) unless the relevant Board of Studies specifically requires it.
- GRE: Both general tests and tests in the subject you would like to study. The FGS code for GREs is 3398, and scores must be sent directly from the GRE testing center.
- TOEFL or IELTS: Only for candidates whose mother tongue is not English. Please note that if you are asked to indicate an institution as a score recipient, the Weizmann Institute of Science TOEFL code number is C087.
Note: Applicants with a lower grade average than required that believe that their grade average does not represent their capabilities should add to the application a one-page (maximum) statement explaining their capacity to succeed in the MSc track.
A selected number of candidates will be invited to an interview based on academic achievements and recommendation letters. Previous research experience is an advantage but not mandatory.
Application forms can be submitted between November 1, 2023 - April 30, 2024. Late applications (i.e. after the above-mentioned deadlines), are considered in special cases only.
How to apply
Please fill out an online general application form. After submitting your application, you will receive an email indicating that the application was received. Within a couple of days, you will receive a second email with a UserID and a password, that gives you access to an online monitoring service where you can check the status of your application.
Please consult the MSc Courses & Rotations page under Academics.