Applications are evaluated annually. The next deadline for applications is March 31, 2023.
- PhD graduates from all Israeli universities with excellent academic and research track records.
- WIS PhD graduates who wish to conduct postdoctoral training at WIS may apply to this program only after prior approval by the program committee. Please contact the chair of the WIS postdoctoral program for details.
- Applicants must be within 2 years of PhD approval date.
- Applicants will be required to show that the combined Postdoctoral research between a WIS laboratory and laboratory abroad has been agreed upon and approved by both sides.
- WIS PhD graduates who wish to conduct postdoctoral training with their PhD advisor MAY NOT apply to this program.
- The candidate should have already submitted an online application to the WIS Postdoctoral Program.
The program will provide a full postdoctoral fellowship for two years, with an option to extend for an additional two years, if warranted. In addition, $10,000 per year will be provided for travel, accommodation, and per diem costs of the fellow for travel related to the overseas laboratory.
Funding may be carried over from one year to the next if the budget is not fully utilized, as long as the fellow does not carry over more than $10,000 in any given year. Unused funds that cannot be carried over will be returned to the overall program budget for the future benefit of other fellows.