SafeQ printing makes it possible for any Weizmann Institute employee (in possession of an employee number) to generate a PIN code on his or her own, for printing via printers connected to a SafeQ controller without an employee card. The code generated will remain active for a period of 60 days.
SafeQ PIN code printing can serve as a temporary solution for employees having lost their employee card, or having inadvertently left them at home.
Instructions for Use
SafeQ PIN Code Generation
To generate a PIN code for printing via SafeQ controller-connected printers:
- Access the SafeQ portal via your browser.
- Log in with your user ID and password.
- Click Generate PIN under Access credentials/Generate PIN on the dashboard.
- Click Yes in the dialog that appears to approve generation and display of the PIN code.
- Following PIN code generation, you will receive an e-mail similar in content to the sample e-mail shown below.
Dear YSoft SafeQ user,
A new PIN code has been generated. Please use this new code to log in on YSoft SafeQ terminals.
PIN code: 111111
Expiration date: Thu Jul 23 15:26:43 IDT 2020 (60 days)
This message was sent to you by YSoft SafeQ.
Printing with the SafeQ PIN Code
To print via the SafeQ PIN code:
- Send your print job from your computer (using your login credentials) to the printer named SafeQ_Black_white.
- Go to any printer connected to a SafeQ controller and tap the PIN button on its console.
- On the next screen, enter your generated PIN code via the keypad and tap OK.
- To initiate printing, tap Print.