Microsoft Outlook for Macintosh is one of several ways to access collaboration information on the Macintosh platform. It integrates seamlessly with our Exchange servers, and is easy to configure and use, especially if you are new to the Macintosh system.
- Improved conversation view
- Mail, calendar and contacts grouped in a single view
- Allows import from Windows computers
- Integrates with MacOS features (Quicklook, Time Machine and more)
- Unified inbox
For further information, see the Microsoft Web site.
Microsoft Outlook is part of the starter kit provided by the Institute.
To set up your e-mail:
- On the Macintosh software dock, click the Outlook icon (Blue icon with O on it).
- Enter your e-mail address.
- In the Username field, type the WISMAIN\ prefix, immediately followed by your user ID
(e.g. WISMAIN\your user ID).
- In the Password field, type your e-mail account’s password.
- In the window that opens, check the checkbox and click Always.
- Wait for synchronization to complete.
Instructions for Use
For more information on Outlook 2016/9 for Macintosh, see the Microsoft Outlook guide.
For more e-mail-related information, see our Exchange 2016, Exchange Online and Spam Quarantine guides.
Also feel free to sign up for one of our courses.
|Processor||Any Intel processor|
|Operating system||Mac OS X v10.12.0 or later|
|Memory||1 GB of RAM or more|
|Hard disk||2.5 GB of available hard disk space for the installation, note that additional space is required for the ongoing use|
|Monitor||1280 x 800 pixel or higher resolution|
|Microsoft Exchange Server||Connectivity to Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 or later|