Protein Analysis Safety Instructions
Every user should fill in the unit's safety form, and sent it to Yael Fridmann-Sirkis email@example.com
In case of Emergency, call the following number 08-934-2999
- Safety Unit web page - http://www.weizmann.ac.il/safety/
- Biological Safety - http://www.weizmann.ac.il/safety/biological-safety/principles-biosafety
- Chemical Safety - http://www.weizmann.ac.il/safety/chemical-safety/general-guidelines
Only authorized employees are allowed to work in the facility
- Make sure you are familiar with general WIS emergency procedures.
- Identify the location of the nearest eyewash and shower and verify that they are accessible.
- Please inform the Protein Analysis Unit personnel about the hazards and toxicity of the materials you work with and bring with you.
- All users should use basic laboratory protective gear: long trousers, closed shoes.
- All the instruments in the unit must be operated after training by the staff.
- Do NOT use an instrument if you suspect that it is not functioning properly. Notify the personnel immediately!
- Do not eat and drink in the laboratory.
- Wash your hands when you leave the unit, before eating or drinking, or have finished your daily work.
- At the end of the working day, please clean up your working environment, clean and switch off the instrument, make sure the fridges’ doors are closed, turn off the lights and shut the door.
- Biohazardous samples must be reported to the staff. Biohazardous waste should be disposed in the dedicated red bin.