Sandbox equipment and consumables can ONLY be used by trained Weizmann scientists following a workshop. For any question, contact us.
Weizmann scientists interested in participating in the Mars-seq workshop should email Hadas Keren-Shaul, email@example.com. Please note that there is a preference for training one person per research group and only he/she will be able to work in the Sandbox unit. It is therefore preferable it will be someone that has substantially a significant amount of time left in the lab.
Following the workshop, you will receive instructions on how to reserve the Sandbox facility. In short, a ‘Sandbox’ slot (either Sandbox1, Sandbox2 or Sandbox3) can be reserved through the internal services. The user first needs to open an order in ‘Genomics, Sandbox (order) for the number of samples they wish to process. This will yield an order number which can be used to reserve the Sandbox slot in the desired day and time in‘Genomics, Sandbox (room reservation)’.
Weizmann users wishing to use the Nextseq sequencers should coordinate a Nextseq training with Muriel Chemla, firstname.lastname@example.org. A basic training / guidance is necessary even if the user is experienced.
The user should be able to provide the following information:
- UserID of the User.
- UserID of the PI.
- Library type (how was it prepared).
- Format of illumina parameters required - Rd1, Rd2, i5, i7.
- Samples for run should be one pool of ~20 ul at 4nM.
- Trained users who wish to reserve the Nextseq can select either Nextseq#1 (500) or Nextseq#2 (550) under ‘Genomics, Sandbox (room reservation)’. There are is no difference between the two sequencers.
- If you do not plan to use your sequencing slot, please be considerate and cancel your slot on time. Others might need it.
- It is forbidden to start a run after 8 pm.
- Kits to be used with the Nextseq 500 should be purchased independently from Danyel biotech. If the user is interested, the kits can be delivered directly to Levine building with the group name indicated. When you make an order for a kit, please notify Muriel Chemla, email@example.com.
- After the Nextseq run had started, the user MUST log in to https://ngs-pipeline.weizmann.ac.il/ and register the run. This is critical for data retrieval. Once the run is finished, the user will receive an email with a link to his data. For more information about the Nextseq Workflow https://ngs-pipeline.weizmann.ac.il/ngsb/howto
Please note: the user is responsible for the quality of his library and his sequencing results. The Sandbox unit will not be held responsible for any decrease in yield due to sequence biases, low complexity regions or other problems in the library. If you have any questions, you are welcome to contact us or Danyel Biotech (Illumina representatives) directly.
If you are interested in using the 10X Genomics Chromium instrument, please contact Hadas Keren-Shaul, firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel. 6975.
The 10x genomics workshop is a 2-days personal training done on the user’s real samples following coordination in advance.
The ordering procedure is divided to two:
Once this is done, user should schedule a scan time via "Internal Services". Under "Biological Services" go to "Microarray Queue". In the pull-down menu select "Microarray Scanner" and press the time slots you wish to use the scanne
- Arrays: these are purchased by the user directly from the suppliers. Affymetrix arrays are obtained from Eisenberg Brothers, Agilent arrays from Eldan. The arrays are shipped directly to the unit and are stored under your name.
- Sample processing:
Ordering sample processing is done via "Internal Services". Under "Biological Services" go to "MicroArrays". Select the type of processing you require and submit.
All users must have an active service agreement (commercial users, academic users) before submitting their samples. When submitting your samples please bring with you a work voucher from your institute. A price quote can be obtained from the unit upon demand. Also, please print the relevant Sample Submission form, fill it our accurately and bring it with the samples.
INSERT SAMPLE SUBMISSION FORMS!
WIS users wishing to scan their own arrays should first be registered in the system by providing the following details to the unit staff:
- UserID of user
- UserID of PI
- Budget number (12 digits)