Sandbox equipment and consumables can ONLY be used by trained Weizmann scientists following a workshop. For any question, contact us.
Weizmann scientists interested in participating in the Mars-seq workshop should email Hadas Keren-Shaul, email@example.com. Please note that there is a preference for training one person per research group and only he/she will be able to work in the Sandbox unit. It is therefore preferable it will be someone that has substantially a significant amount of time left in the lab.
Following the workshop, you will receive instructions on how to reserve the Sandbox facility. In short, a ‘Sandbox’ slot (either Sandbox1, Sandbox2 or Sandbox3) can be reserved through the internal services. The user first needs to open an order in ‘Advanced Sequencing Technologies (Sandbox order) for the number of samples they wish to process. This will yield an order number which can be used to reserve the Sandbox slot in the desired day and time in ‘Advanced Sequencing Technologies (Sandbox).
Weizmann users wishing to use the Nextseq sequencers should coordinate a Nextseq training with Muriel Chemla, firstname.lastname@example.org. A basic training / guidance is necessary even if the user is experienced.
The user should be able to provide the following information:
- UserID of the User.
- UserID of the PI.
- A SusanC user. This can be requested from Irit Orr, Irit.Orr@weizmann.ac.il.
- Library type (how was it prepared).
- Format of illumina parameters required - Rd1, Rd2, i5, i7.
- Samples for run should be one pool of ~20 ul at 4nM.
- Trained users who wish to reserve the Nextseq can select either Nextseq#1 (500) or Nextseq#2 (550) under ‘Advanced Sequencing Technologies (Sandbox). There are is no difference between the two sequencers.
- If you do not plan to use your sequencing slot, please be considerate and cancel your slot on time. Others might need it.
- It is forbidden to start a run after 8 pm.
- Kits to be used with the Nextseq 500 should be purchased independently from Danyel biotech. If the user is interested, the kits can be delivered directly to Levine building with the group name indicated. When you make an order for a kit, please notify Muriel Chemla, email@example.com.
- After the Nextseq run had started, the user MUST log in to the Susanc website and register the run. This is critical for data retrieval. Once the run is finished, the user will receive an email with a link to his data. For more information about the Nextseq Workflow http://susanc.weizmann.ac.il/ngs/howto.html
Please note: the user is responsible for the quality of his library and his sequencing results. The Sandbox unit will not be held responsible for any decrease in yield due to sequence biases, low complexity regions or other problems in the library. If you have any questions, you are welcome to contact us or Danyel Biotech (Illumina representatives) directly.
If you are interested in using the 10X Genomics Chromium instrument, please contact Hadas Keren-Shaul, firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel. 6975.
The 10x genomics workshop is a 2-days personal training done on the user’s real samples following coordination in advance.