- Preparation of basic and complex liquid media along with agar plates
- Growth of microorganisms in 1 to 100-liter scale using an array of bioreactors and fermenters
- Harvesting of microorganisms using large scale continuous centrifuges
- Cell disruption and homogenization using a Microfluidizer and homogenizer
Genomic Repository Unit
- Evolution in a cup - sophisticated small scale fermentation services. Suitable for and array of experiments such as:
- In vivo evolution
- Continuous cultures
- Perturbation experiments
- Competition experiments & more …
- Forchheimer plasmid bank – The Weizmann central plasmid bank stocks several dozen E. coli strains, and over 1,500 distinct plasmids. These reagents are suitable for growing, cloning, and expression in a variety of platforms such as: bacteria, yeast, insect & mammalian cells.
- cDNA & Whole Genome collections – We stock over a dozen Genomic collections, strains and clones, from bacterial, yeast, mouse & human origin. These reagents are distributed to the WIS researchers and students upon request.
- RNAi reagents – We have and distribute about 50 pre-designed siRNA libraries towards many of the human and mouse genes. These reagents are used for screening mammalian cells ranging from functional studies through reporter based assays.